There are many reasons you might be in dire need of a new phone, though perhaps one of the biggest complaints when it comes to any old cell phone is battery life. With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones that will blow your old model out of the water.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $900. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
The best deal
AT&T has a bundle of nice BOGO deals on name-brand Android and Apple flagships: Buy two iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, or LG V35 ThinQ smartphones on AT&T Next and enjoy up to $900 back in bill credits toward the value of the second phone.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, and that 4G LTE, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is offering a bunch of buy one, get one and rebate deals on brand-name flagship phones. Eligible devices include the Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, and Galaxy S8 Active, and the new LG G7 ThinQ. When you purchase two of these devices (either outright or on an installment plan), you can receive bill credits worth up to $750 toward your second phone of equal or lesser value. You can also take $150 off the Samsung Galaxy S8, bringing it down to $600, or get an LG G6 for $360 after a $96 discount off of its former price.
- Verizon: Verizon Wireless is offering buy one, get one deals on a ton of Apple and Android phones right now. With a qualifying trade-in, you can score a second free Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, iPhone 8, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, LG V30, LG G7 ThinQ, and Motorola Z2 Force (getting up to $800 back in bill credits) when you purchase both devices and add a new line.
- Sprint: Sprint currently has some big discounts on Android phones, along with buy one, get one deals on Apple devices, letting you score a second iPhone 8 for free (a $700 value) when you buy an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X on a “rent-to-own” Sprint Flex lease. The iPhone X is also on sale by itself for $360, or 50 percent off. Android deals let you score the Samsung Galaxy S9 for $297, the Galaxy S9 Plus for $387, the Samsung Galaxy Note8 for $360, or the LG V30 Plus for $342, taking 50 percent off when you purchase any of these with an 18-month Sprint Flex lease.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Alcatel 3V: Alcatel makes some solid budget smartphones, and while they won’t knock your socks off, they’re great if you’re just a basic user looking for a no-frills, no-nonsense Android device. The Alcatel 3V ranks among the cheapest Android phones you’re likely to find, coming in at a super-cheap $120 from Walmart ($30 off).
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2: We’ve seen no shortage of alleged “flagship killers” that too often fall short of expectations, but the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 actually lives up to this promise. This budget-friendly dual-sim smartphone punches well above its weight at just $397 from Amazon.
- Samsung Galaxy S9: The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the best Android devices to hit the market in 2018, and you can now score one for $600 from B&H and enjoy a discount of $120. The dual-slim version is also on sale for $130 off, bringing it down to $650.
- LG V30S ThinQ: LG’s latest, the V30S ThinQ, is a 2018 refresh of the excellent V30. You don’t need to tie yourself to a carrier to score a deal on this Android flagship, though: B&H has an exclusive deal that lets you buy it for $680, a savings of $220.
- Nokia 6.1: The Nokia 6.1 is all-new for 2018, and it’s arguably the best budget Android phone to come out this year, with hardware that outshines most other cheap smartphones. B&H has unlocked models in stock now for $269.
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a relative newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design, a large and vibrant HD display, and excellent hardware under the hood. Best Buy has the unlocked Essential Phone for $450, saving you $50 if you activate it today.
- Sony Xperia XA1: Sony’s Xperia X lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The Xperia XA1 is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide and comes in at just $215 from Amazon with a $84 discount.
- Moto E4: For one of the cheapest brand-name Android phones you can buy, check out the 4th-generation Moto E. B&H has this smartphone on sale for just $130, while Walmart has it in limited stock for just $100. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers. You can also score one from Best Buy for just $110 if you activate it with Verizon.
- Huawei Honor 6X: Huawei has entered the smartphone scene with a number of budget-friendly alternatives to brand-name flagships, and its surprisingly great Honor 6X is a sleeper hit that you may have missed. The Huawei Honor 6X is available for $180 from Amazon.
- Moto G5 Plus: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and Prime members can score the unlocked fifth-generation G Plus on sale for $205 from Amazon after a $25 discount.
- Blu Vivo XL3: Blu is also a relatively new player that has challenged Motorola’s dominance in the “budget Android phone” market. The dual-sim Vivo XL3 boasts specs that compare with phones well above this price, and the unlocked 5.5-inch 32GB model rings in at just $142 on Amazon. The six-inch Vivo XL3 Plus is also on sale for $140 ($60 off).
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe: Even at its original price of $300, the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe is one of the better non-flagship Android phones out there. Now, you can pick up an unlocked international version of this device down to an affordable $150 from Amazon.
- Google Pixel: Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel XL. You can grab an unlocked 32GB model for $315 from Amazon or $330 from B&H and save more than $320 off of its retail price. The 128GB model is also on sale from B&H for $380, or $470 off.
Updated on July 13: Added the new T-Mobile LG G7 ThinQ, Verizon BOGO offers, and unlocked Alcatel 3V smartphone deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.