LANSING, MI - A single winning ticket worth $245 million was sold in New York for the Powerball drawing held on Saturday, Aug. 11.
That means the drawing on Wednesday Aug. 14 will be worth $40 million with a cash option of $24.1 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Aug. 11: 5-43-56-62-68
The Red Powerball Power Number: 24
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for Aug. 11:
- Along with the grand prize winner, two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Florida and Georgia.
- The player in Florida also played the Power Play option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
- In Michigan, five tickets sold won $200. That was the largest prize won in the state.
- Overall, there were 844,507 winners in the drawing who won at least $4 each. In Michigan, there were 28,046 winners.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
- The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Aug 14, with an estimated jackpot of $75 million and cash option of $44 million.
- The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Aug. 15, at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $4.45 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
- Sunday's Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $784,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.