Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has confirmed the Greater Brisbane region will have coronavirus restrictions eased from early tomorrow morning.
It comes as health authorities announced one overseas-acquired case of COVID-19 had been recorded in hotel quarantine in the past 24 hours.
Ms Palaszczuk said the "absolutely tremendous news" meant Queensland could revert back to its roadmap from December.
Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said today marked 14 days since the last case in Queensland linked to the hotel quarantine cluster went into quarantine.
"In the end, we had over 1,200 contacts and they were all managed and none other than those six that I have described went on to get infected which is a really good sign that our strategies have worked here in Queensland," Dr Young said.
The region was plunged into a snap three-day lockdown earlier this month and masks were made mandatory in indoor venues until January 22, after a hotel quarantine cleaner tested positive to the UK variant of coronavirus, resulting in a cluster at Brisbane's Hotel Grand Chancellor.
Tomorrow's lifting of restrictions will see the region return to the level of restrictions that were in place before Christmas.
As of 1:00am on Friday, millions in Greater Brisbane will no longer need to wear a mask in public places, except for in airports and while travelling on planes.
Indoor venues such as restaurants, cinemas and bars will be able to ease distancing limits to one person per 2 square metres, and dancing will be allowed again.
Up to 50 people will be allowed to gather in homes, while 100 people will be allowed in public spaces.
Visitor restrictions in aged care, hospitals, prisons and disability accommodation services will also be lifted from 1:00am.
The Premier said any further easing of restrictions would be unlikely until a vaccine was rolled out, but that she would continue to take advice from National Cabinet.
She said the State Government was prepared to "go hard and go quickly" on future lockdowns if that was the advice from the Chief Health Officer.
But Dr Young said she could not be certain whether another positive UK strain would trigger further lockdowns.
"We have to take each individual situation and work out what is the best response for that situation," Dr Young said.
"We are still in the middle of this pandemic.
"We are getting more and more information from overseas about these new variants and what that means, but at the same time as we have that information we are getting information on the vaccine and that is very, very encouraging."
Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said while masks would soon no longer be mandatory, Queenslanders should continue wearing them in crowded situations.
"Whether you are on public transport, shopping centres, where you feel it is a crowded environment you can put your mask on and feel a bit safer and it is about protecting the people around you," she said.
Ms D'Ath said tomorrow the state would return to having the lowest restrictions in the country.
"We not just want [testing] to continue, we need that to continue so we can move forward in opening up our economy," Ms D'Ath said.
"They have done such a tremendous job in complying with these restrictions."
Ms Palaszczuk said Queenslanders could expect a decision next week about opening up the border to the 35 local governments in Greater Sydney.
Police Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski said in the past 24 hours, 29 people were refused entry to the state with 53 people directed into quarantine.
He said 2,975 people were currently in hotel quarantine across Queensland.
More than 7,400 tests have been conducted across Queensland in the past 24 hours, with 23 COVID-19 cases still active.