Dubai resident coma case: Mohamed bin Zayed to pay for her treatment

 khaleejtimes.com  05/17/2019 22:01:00   Web Report/Dubai

Dubai resident coma case: Mohamed bin Zayed to pay for her treatment

Web Report/Dubai

Filed on May 18, 2019 | Last updated on May 18, 2019 at 06.49 am

His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces has announced that he will fully cover the 24-year-old Emirati patient's treatment abroad. The Dubai resident slipped into a coma two weeks ago due to medical negligence.�

The father's patient said that officials from the Crown Prince Court had contacted him and informed him that his daughter will travel abroad for treatment, Al Ittihad reported.

He said that he will head to Abu Dhabi Health Department early next week to begin the necessary procedures. The country and the health centre the patient will travel to is yet to be determined.�

The anesthesiologist reportedly stepped out of the cosmetic surgery to have a cigarette and a cup of coffee, Emarat Al Youm reported.

The surgeon also allegedly continued performing the surgery without noticing that the patient has gone into a cardiac arrest.� ��

The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) announced earlier that it has stopped the 'First Med Day Surgery Centre Dubai' from conducting any surgeries until the results of the investigation are complete.�

The DHA has also banned the two doctors, involved in the botched surgery, from performing medical procedures.

The patient slipped into a coma and was paralysed after a botched medical procedure led to cardiac arrest and brain damage.

Click/tap here to subscribe to Khaleej Times news alerts on WhatsApp. Make sure you save the phone number under Contacts on your phone for uninterrupted service.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
« Go back