There are many reasons you might be in dire need of a new phone, though perhaps one of the biggest complaints when it comes to any old cell phone is battery life. With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones that will blow your old model out of the water.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $900. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
The best deal
AT&T has a bundle of nice BOGO deals on name-brand Android and Apple flagships: Buy two iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, or LG V35 ThinQ smartphones on AT&T Next and enjoy up to $900 back in bill credits toward the value of the second phone. Alternatively, you can buy just one LG V35 ThinQ and get as much as $400 in bill credits with an eligible trade-in.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, and that 4G LTE, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile has just rolled back prices on a few last-gen flagships, letting you score a new iPhone 6s for $99, a Galaxy S8 for just $199, or a Galaxy Note 8 for $399 when you buy one on a 24-month installment plan and activate a new line. You can also score a free LG V30 or LG G7 ThinQ when you purchase two of these devices (either outright or on an installment plan), receiving bill credits worth up to $750 toward your second phone of equal or lesser value. The LG G6 is on sale as well for $360 after a $96 discount.
- Verizon: Verizon Wireless is offering rebate deals on a ton of Apple and Android phones right now. With a qualifying trade-in, you can take $300 off a Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, iPhone 8, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, LG V30, LG G7 ThinQ, or Motorola Z2 Force when you purchase one of these devices and add a new line.
- Sprint: Sprint currently has some big discounts on Android and Apple devices, letting you score an iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus for $144, iPhone X for $360, or iPhone SE for $50 on a “rent-to-own” Sprint Flex lease. Android deals let you score the Samsung Galaxy S9 for $162, the Galaxy S9 Plus for $252, or the Samsung Galaxy Note8 for $360 when you purchase any of these with an 18-month Sprint Flex lease.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Moto G6: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today. Prime members can score the unlocked sixth-generation Moto G for $235 from Amazon after a $15 discount, and the G6 Play is also on sale for $190.
- Huawei Honor 7X: Huawei has a number of budget-friendly alternatives to brand-name flagships. Its surprisingly great Honor 7X is a sleeper hit that you may have missed, and it’s an absolute steal at just $200 from Amazon.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro: This year has been a good one for phones, and another surprise hit from Huawei is the great Mate 10 Pro. The Mate 10 Pro is currently on sale on Amazon for $550 ($250 off).
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2: We’ve seen no shortage of alleged “flagship killers” that too often fall short of expectations, but the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 actually lives up to this promise. This budget-friendly dual-sim smartphone punches well above its weight at just $400 from Amazon.
- Samsung Galaxy S9: The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the best Android devices to hit the market in 2018, and you can now score one for $615 from B&H and enjoy a discount of $105. The dual-slim version is also on sale for $140 off, bringing it down to $640.
- Nokia 6.1: The Nokia 6.1 is all-new for 2018, and it’s arguably the best budget Android phone to come out this year, with hardware that outshines most other cheap smartphones. B&H has unlocked models in stock now for $267.
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a relative newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design, a large and vibrant HD display, and excellent hardware under the hood. It’s on sale on Amazon right now for as low as $400, and Best Buy also has the unlocked models for $450, saving you $50 if you activate it today.
- Sony Xperia XA1: Sony’s Xperia X lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The Xperia XA1 is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide and comes in at just $215 from Amazon with a $84 discount.
- Moto E4: For one of the cheapest brand-name Android phones you can buy, check out the 4th-generation Moto E. B&H has this smartphone on sale for just $130 (or $100 for the gold model), while Walmart has it in stock for just $100. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers.
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe: Even at its original price of $300, the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe is one of the better non-flagship Android phones out there. Now, you can pick up an unlocked international version of this device for an affordable $160 from Amazon.
- Google Pixel: Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel XL. You can grab an unlocked 32GB model for $312.50 from Amazon or $330 from B&H and save more than $320 off of its retail price. The 128GB model is also on sale from B&H for $380, or $470 off.
Updated on August 3, 2018: Added the new T-Mobile iPhone 6s, Sprint iPhone SE, unlocked Moto G6, and unlocked Huawei Honor 7X smartphone deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.