Anna Faris ‘lucky to be alive’ after carbon monoxide leak

 pagesix.com  12/04/2019 18:34:36   Jessica Bennett

Anna Faris is giving thanks for surviving a very scary Thanksgiving.

The actress took to Twitter to reveal that there was a carbon monoxide leak while she was vacationing in Lake Tahoe, resulting in two of her holiday guests going to the hospital.

Im not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- its a stupidly dramatic story but Im feeling very fortunate, she wrote, sharing a photo of the dining room table, set with holiday plates.

According to People, Faris, 43, rented the home for the holiday.

While the source of the leak was not identified, first responders said in a statement to People that Faris, her family and Thanksgiving guests are lucky to be alive.

Carbon monoxide alarms were not installed in the house, according to People.

We are so thankful to report that this holiday disaster was averted, said Mike Schwartz, fire chief for the North Tahoe Fire Department. Situational awareness is so important. Whether you are at home or traveling, it is important ensure that smoke and CO alarms are in working order anywhere you stay.

He went on, Its not a bad idea to consider bringing your own alarm when you travel, just to be safe.

« Go back